Bride Bestie Terms of Service
Future Mrs Box, LLC Terms of Service
Last Updated: December 2020
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Future Mrs Box, LLC (“Bride Bestie,” “we,” or “us”) and our mobile software application, website at www.futuremrsbox.com, along with our related websites, networks, applications, and other services provided by us (collectively, the “Service”). These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and Future Mrs Box, LLC regarding your use of the Service.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
DO NOT USE THE SERVICE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE OR IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING ACTIONS THAT MAY CAUSE HARM TO YOU OR TO OTHERS, OR IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON MAY BE IN ANY DANGER, PLEASE CALL THE NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE AT + 1 (800) 273-8255 (TOLL-FREE IN THE UNITED STATES) IMMEDIATELY.
ARBITRATION NOTICE. Except for certain kinds of disputes described in Section 19, you agree that disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration, and BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AND FUTURE MRS BOX LLC ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. (See Section 19.)
1. Service Overview. The Service provides self-care information and resources, including audio sessions in empowerment, self-discovery, healing, mindfulness, and stress-release, as well as features that allow you to connect and communicate with a licensed mental health counselor.
2. Care Support. Certain features of the Service enable you to connect with a licensed mental health counselor who will provide care and advisory support to you through the Service (“Care Support”). Further, the Care Support provided by Counselors through the Service do not create a professional or privileged relationship between you and any Counselor or you and Future Mrs Box, LLC.
3. No Medical Advice. FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC IS NOT A MEDICAL PROVIDER AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY PSYCHIATRIC CARE, MEDICAL ADVICE, OR OPINIONS. ALL CONTENT ON THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY GUIDANCE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FROM COUNSELORS, AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PROVISION OF CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS REQUIRING AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE IT IF YOU NEED ANY OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION OR APPROVALS FOR PURPOSES SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COURT-ORDERED COUNSELING OR EMOTIONAL SERVICE DOG CERTIFICATION. IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR ANY DRUGS OR MEDICAL TREATMENT THAT MAY BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU, AND YOU SHOULD DISREGARD ANY SUCH ADVICE IF DELIVERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING FROM ANY COUNSELOR. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID, OR DELAY IN OBTAINING IN-PERSON CARE FROM YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF INFORMATION OR ADVICE YOU RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING FROM ANY COUNSELOR. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY COMMUNICATIONS WITH COUNSELOR OR ANY OTHER USER OR ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC DO NOT ESTABLISH A DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, AND YOU SHOULD NOT ASSUME THAT COMMUNICATIONS THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL.
4. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and (c) your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
5. Accounts and Registration. To access most features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your name, email address, or other contact information. You may have the option to register with using your Facebook or other third party services (“Social Networking Services”) credentials. By accessing the Services using your Social Networking Services credentials or any third party services, you permit us to access certain information from your profile on such Social Networking Services for use of the Services. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. If at any time your contact information is no longer valid, then we may suspend or terminate your use of the Service without notice and without liability to you. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at email@example.com.
6. General Payment Terms. Certain features of the Service may require you to pay fees. Before you pay any fees, you will have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged. All fees are in U.S. dollars and are non-refundable.
6.1 Price. Future Mrs Box, LLC reserves the right to determine pricing for the Service. Future Mrs Box, LLC will make reasonable efforts to keep pricing information published on the website up to date. Future Mrs Box, LLC may change the fees for any feature of the Service, including additional fees or charges, and Future Mrs Box, LLC will give you advance notice of changes before they apply. Future Mrs Box, LLC, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different pricing to any of Future Mrs Box, LLC’s customers. These promotional offers, unless made to you, will not apply to your offer or these Terms.
6.2 Authorization. You authorize Future Mrs Box, LLC to charge all sums for the orders that you make and any level of Service you select as described in these Terms or published by Future Mrs Box, LLC, including all applicable taxes, to the payment method specified in your account. If you pay any fees with a credit card, Future Mrs Box, LLC may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase.
6.3 Subscription Service.
a. Subscription Service. The Service may include automatically recurring payments for periodic charges (“Subscription Service”). You may purchase Subscription Services through the Service or through such other channels as we may make available from time-to-time in our sole discretion. Where you purchase Subscription Services through our iOS or Android apps or through a third party’s consumer electronic devices, your payments are processed by Apple or Google, or the manufacturer of the consumer electronic device (or any of their third party payment processors), as applicable. BY ACTIVATING A SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC TO PERIODICALLY CHARGE, ON A GOING-FORWARD BASIS AND UNTIL CANCELLATION OF EITHER THE RECURRING PAYMENTS OR YOUR ACCOUNT, ALL ACCRUED SUMS ON OR BEFORE THE PAYMENT DUE DATE FOR THE ACCRUED SUMS, INCLUDING THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE AND ANY APPLICABLE SALES, TELECOMMUNICATION, EXCISE, VALUED-ADDED OR SIMILAR TAXES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, BY PURCHASING SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW ON THE SUBSCRIPTION BILLING DATE (DEFINED BELOW) AT THE THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION FEE AND FOR THE SAME TERM AS THE IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING SUBSCRIPTION, UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION.
b. Subscription Billing Process. The “Subscription Billing Date” is the date when you purchase your first subscription to the Service. The “Subscription Fee” will be as set forth on the Service at the time of your purchase. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we reserve the right to change the subscription fee at any time in our sole discretion. Future Mrs Box, LLC will give you advance notice of any changes to the Subscription Fee before they apply, and you will have the opportunity to cancel your subscription prior to the next Subscription Billing Date if you do not accept the price change. Your account will be charged automatically on the Subscription Billing Date all applicable fees and taxes for the next subscription period. The subscription will continue unless and until you cancel your subscription, or we terminate it. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next periodic Subscription Fee to your account. We will bill the periodic Subscription Fee to the payment method you provide to us during registration (or to a different payment method if you change your payment information). If you fail to pay the applicable Subscription Fee when due, then you will be downgraded to the free service.
c. Cancellations. You may cancel the Subscription Service by following the instructions on the Service or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel your subscription, then you will have access to the subscription until the date that would have been your next Subscription Billing Date, after which you will be downgraded to the free Service. If you subscribed through your iOS or Android device and want to obtain a refund in connection with your subscription, then you must contact Apple or Google, as applicable. If you subscribed through the Services, then we will not refund any fees paid for your current subscription period.
d. Trials. From time to time, we or others on our behalf may offer trials of Subscription Services for a specified period without payment or at a reduced rate (a “Trial”). Future Mrs Box, LLC may determine your eligibility for a Trial and withdraw or modify a Trial at any time without prior notice and with no liability, to the extent permitted under applicable law. For some Trials, we’ll require you to provide your payment details to start the Trial. By providing such details you agree that we may automatically begin charging you for the Subscription Service on the first day following the end of the Trial and thereafter in accordance with Section 6.3. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS CHARGE, YOU MUST CANCEL THE APPLICABLE PAID SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIAL BY GOING TO YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS. IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE TRIAL THROUGH FUTURE MRS BOX LLC, OR IF YOU RECEIVED YOUR TRIAL THROUGH A THIRD PARTY, YOU MUST CANCEL THE APPLICABLE SUBSCRIPTION THROUGH THE THIRD PARTY.
6.4 Delinquent Accounts. Future Mrs Box, LLC may suspend or terminate access to the Service, including fee-based portions of the Service, for any account for which any amount is due but unpaid. In addition to the amount due for the Service, a delinquent account will be charged with fees or charges that are incidental to any chargeback or collection of any the unpaid amount, including collection fees.
7.1 Limited License. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Future Mrs Box, LLC grants you, solely for your personal use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to: (a) install and use one object code copy of any mobile application associated with the Service obtained from a legitimate marketplace (whether installed by you or pre-installed on your mobile device by the device manufacturer) on a mobile device that you own or control; and (b) access and use the Service.
7.2 License Restrictions. Except and solely to the extent such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the Service; (b) sell, rent, lease, lend, provide on a service bureau basis or otherwise make available the Service to any third party; (c) make modifications to the Service; or (d) interfere with or circumvent any feature of the Service, including any security or access control mechanism. If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Service, you may not use it.
7.3 Feedback. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant Future Mrs Box, LLC an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service, to create other products and services, and to generate revenue. You are not entitled to any recognition or compensation for Feedback you provide to Future Mrs Box, LLC.
8. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by Future Mrs Box, LLC. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Materials”) provided by Future Mrs Box, LLC are protected by intellectual property and other laws. As between us, all Materials included in the Service are the property of Future Mrs Box, LLC or its third party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Future Mrs Box, LLC, you may not make use of the Materials. Future Mrs Box, LLC reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
9. Third-Party Terms
9.1 Third-Party Services and Linked Websites. Future Mrs Box, LLC may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including User Content (defined in Section 10.1 below), to third-party services. By using one of these tools, you agree that Future Mrs Box, LLC may transfer that information to the applicable third-party service. Third-party services are not under Future Mrs Box, LLC’s control, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Future Mrs Box, LLC is not responsible for any third-party service’s use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third party websites. Linked websites are not under Future Mrs Box, LLC’s control, and Future Mrs Box, LLC is not responsible for their content. You assume all risks when acting in reliance on any information provided on a linked-to website.
9.2 Third-Party Software. The Service may include or incorporate third-party software components that are generally available free of charge under licenses granting recipients broad rights to copy, modify, and distribute those components (“Third-Party Components”). Although the Service is provided to you subject to these Terms, nothing in these Terms prevents, restricts, or is intended to prevent or restrict you from obtaining Third-Party Components under the applicable third-party licenses or to limit your use of Third-Party Components under those third-party licenses.
10. User Content
10.1 User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to upload content to the Service, including messages, reviews, photos, video, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works (“User Content”) and to publish User Content on the Service. You retain any copyright and other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Service.
10.2 Limited License Grant to Future Mrs Box, LLC. By providing User Content to or via the Service, you grant Future Mrs Box, LLC a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter developed.
10.3 Limited License Grant to Other Users. By providing User Content to or via the Service to other users of the Service, including Counselors, you grant those users a non-exclusive license to access and use that User Content as permitted by these Terms and the functionality of the Service.
10.4 User Content Representations and Warranties. Future Mrs Box, LLC disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of providing User Content via the Service. By providing User Content via the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
a. you are the creator and owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize Future Mrs Box, LLC and users of the Service to use and distribute, and otherwise exercise the rights granted in Sections 10.2 and 10.3, your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section, in the manner contemplated by Future Mrs Box, LLC, the Service, and these Terms;
b. your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; (iii) cause Future Mrs Box, LLC to violate any law or regulation; or (iv) require Future Mrs Box, LLC to pay any royalties or other consideration to any third party for the exercise of any rights granted by you to Future Mrs Box, LLC or any users in these Terms; and
c. your User Content could not be deemed by a reasonable person to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate.
10.5 User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. Future Mrs Box, LLC may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that when using the Service you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. This may include User Content provided to you by a Counselor. You agree to waive, and do waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy you have or may have against Future Mrs Box, LLC with respect to User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, Future Mrs Box, LLC does not permit copyright-infringing activities on the Service.
11.1 Carrier Charges. To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. Downloading, installing, or using the Service may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and the Service may not work with all carriers or devices.
11.2 Text Messages. Future Mrs Box, LLC and those acting on our behalf or Counselors may send you text (SMS) messages at the phone number you provide us or them. These messages may include operational messages about your use of the Service, as well as marketing messages. You may opt out of receiving marketing and/or operational text messages at any time by sending an email to [email@example.com] indicating that you no longer wish to receive such texts along with the phone number of the mobile device receiving the texts. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while Future Mrs Box, LLC processes your request, and you may also receive text messages confirming the receipt of your opt-out request. Opting out of receiving operational text messages may impact the functionality that the Service provides to you. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system. Your agreement to receive text messages is not a condition of any purchase or use of the Service. Standard data and message rates may apply whenever you send or receive such messages, as specified by your carrier.
11.3 Email. We may send you emails concerning out products and services, as well as those of third parties. You may opt out of promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the promotional email itself.
12. Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO:
12.1 use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
12.2 harass, threaten, demean, embarrass, or otherwise harm any other user of the Service;
12.3 violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
12.4 interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by: (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Service except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
12.5 interfere with the operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of the Service, including by: (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (ii) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service; (iii) collecting personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service;
12.6 perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Service account without permission;
12.7 sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 8) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Materials; or
12.8 attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 12 or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 12.
13. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
13.1 DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have an intellectual property rights-related complaint about material posted on the Service, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address:
Future Mrs Box, LLC
ATTN: Legal Department (Copyright Notification)
P.O. Box 261632
Tampa, FL 33685
Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Service infringe intellectual property rights must include the following information:
a. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
b. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
c. a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Service;
d. your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the Service of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
13.2 Counter Notifications. If you receive a notification from us that material you made available on or through the Service has been the subject of a notice of claimed infringement, then you will have the right to provide us with what is called a “Counter Notification.” To be effective, a Counter Notification must be in writing, provided to Future Mrs Box, LLC’s Designated Agent and include substantially the following information:
a. Your physical or electronic signature;
b. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled
c. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
d. Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Future Mrs Box, LLC may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification described above or an agent of such person.
13.3 Repeat Infringers. Future Mrs Box, LLC will promptly terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users that are determined by Future Mrs Box, LLC to be repeat infringers.
14. Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, we may require that you accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 14, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to these Terms. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
15. Term, Termination and Modification of the Service
15.1 Term. These Terms are effective beginning when you accept the Terms or first download, install, access, or use the Service, and ending when terminated as described in Section 15.2.
15.2 Termination. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your authorization to access the Service and these Terms automatically terminates. In addition, Future Mrs Box, LLC may, at its sole discretion, terminate these Terms or your account on the Service, or suspend or terminate your access to the Service, at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice and without liability to you. You may terminate your account and these Terms at any time by following the instructions on the Service or by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15.3 Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) your license rights will terminate and you must immediately cease all use of the Service; (b) you will no longer be authorized to access your account or the Service; (c) you must pay Future Mrs Box, LLC any unpaid amount that was due prior to termination; and (d) all payment obligations accrued prior to termination and Sections 2, 3, 7.3, 8, 10.2, 11, 15.3, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 will survive.
15.4 Modification of the Service. Future Mrs Box, LLC reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. Future Mrs Box, LLC will have no liability for any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service.
16. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Service, and you will defend and indemnify Future Mrs Box, LLC and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the “Future Mrs Box, LLC Entities”) from and against every claim brought by a third party, and any related liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or connected with: (1) your unauthorized use of, or misuse of, the Service; (2) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (3) your violation of any third party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (4) any dispute or issue between you and any third party, including any Coaches. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of those claims.
17. Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING THE CARE SUPPORT), INCLUDING: (1) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (2) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE, COUNSELORS OR FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC ENTITIES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SERVICE AND YOUR DEALING WITH ANY COUNSELOR OR ANY OTHER SERVICE USER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE) OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, INCLUDING USER CONTENT.
THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Future Mrs Box, LLC does not disclaim any warranty or other right that Future Mrs Box, LLC is prohibited from disclaiming under applicable law.
18. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY FUTURE MRS BOX, L ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 19.5 AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCE GIVING RISE TO CLAIM; OR (B) $100.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 18 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
19. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
19.1 Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Future Mrs Box, LLC in the most expedient and cost effective manner, and except as described in Section 19.2 and 19.3, you and Future Mrs Box, LLC agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
19.2 Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 19.1, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law in aid of arbitration; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
19.3 Opt-Out. If you do not wish to resolve disputes by binding arbitration, you may opt out of the provisions of this Section 19 within 30 days after the date that you agree to these Terms by sending a letter to Future Mrs Box, LLC, Attention: Legal Department – Arbitration Opt-Out, P.O. Box 261632, Tampa, FL 33685 that specifies: your full legal name, the email address associated with your account on the Service, and a statement that you wish to opt out of arbitration (“Opt-Out Notice”). Once Future Mrs Box, LLC receives your Opt-Out Notice, this Section 19 will be void and any action arising out of these Terms will be resolved as set forth in Section 20.2. The remaining provisions of these Terms will not be affected by your Opt-Out Notice.
19.4 Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Future Mrs Box, LLC will be settled under the Federal Arbitration Act and administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively, “AAA Rules”) as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Future Mrs Box, LLC. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
19.5 Notice of Arbitration; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by certified U.S. Mail or by Federal Express (signature required) or, only if that other party has not provided a current physical address, then by electronic mail (“Notice of Arbitration”). Future Mrs Box, LLC’s address for Notice is: Future Mrs Box, LLC, Attention: Legal Department – Arbitration Opt-Out, P.O. Box 261632, Tampa, FL 33685.The Notice of Arbitration must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice of Arbitration is received, you or Future Mrs Box, LLC may commence an arbitration proceeding. All arbitration proceedings between the parties will be confidential unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Future Mrs Box, LLC must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the arbitrator awards you an amount higher than the last written settlement amount offered by Future Mrs Box, LLC in settlement of the dispute prior to the award, Future Mrs Box, LLC will pay to you the higher of: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator; or (ii) $10,000.
19.6 Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, Future Mrs Box, LLC will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Hillsborough County, Florida, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Future Mrs Box, LLC for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
19.7 No Class Actions. YOU AND FUTURE MRS BOX, LLC AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Future Mrs Box, LLC agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
19.8 Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If Future Mrs Box, LLC makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Future Mrs Box, LLC’s address for Notice of Arbitration, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Future Mrs Box, LLC’s address for Notice of Arbitration, in which case your account with Future Mrs Box, LLC will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will survive.
19.9 Enforceability. If Section 19.7 or the entirety of this Section 19 is found to be unenforceable, or if Future Mrs Box, LLC receives an Opt-Out Notice from you, then the entirety of this Section 19 will be null and void and, in that case, the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 20.2 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
20.2 Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to conflict of law principles. You and Future Mrs Box, LLC submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Hillsborough County, Florida for resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms. We operate the Service from our offices in Florida, and we make no representation that Materials included in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
20.4 Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service (the “Additional Terms”). All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
20.6 Contact Information. The Service is offered by Future Mrs Box, LLC, P.O. Box 261632, Tampa, FL 33685. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at: email@example.com.
20.7 No Support. We are under no obligation to provide support for the Service. In instances where we may offer support, the support will be subject to published policies.
20.8 International Use. The Service is intended for visitors located within the United States. We make no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Access to the Service from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.
21. Notice Regarding Apple. This Section 21 only applies to the extent you are using our mobile application on an iOS device. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and Future Mrs Box, LLC only, not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”), and Apple is not responsible for the Service or the content thereof. Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Service. If the Service fails to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the mobile application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation with respect to the Service. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession and/or use of the Service, including: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; or (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third party claim that the Service and/or your possession and use of the Service infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms when using the Service. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary of these Terms. You hereby represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.